No information from Minors under 13
We collect information from you in various ways when you use Bipper Services. We may also supplement this information with information from other companies. We collect two general types of information, namely personal information (defined above) and aggregate data.
The following are the specific types of information we collect from you:Information You Give Us. We collect information you give us through Bipper Services and when you register for and use Bipper Services. Examples include the following:
- Registration and Profile Information. When you register to use Bipper Services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including, your name, username, phone number, sms addresses, photos, email addresses and date of birth. It might also include locations, information about emergencies and incidents and contact details of your friends, family and guardians.
- Information we collect when you interact with Bipper. We collect personal information of the actions taken while using or interacting with Bipper Services such as adding friends, family members or Guardians, location information or information related to emergencies and incidents and communications that occur during and after such events. When you use Bipper Services, we automatically collect information from your browser or mobile platform including your browser type, location, IP address, as well as the pages you visit. We may retain the details of transactions or payments you make on or related to Bipper Services.
- Location Information. Location of another user using Bipper Services can only be done by you if such positioning services are permitted by applicable law and (i) the user is a minor and you are the parent or legal guardian of such user or a third party administrator authorized by a parent or legal guardian of such user, or (ii) the user is not a minor and the user has explicitly agreed that you may use Bipper Services for user location purposes. To prevent abuse, Bipper will notify the user when (s)he is being located by another user. Parents or legal guardians on behalf of their children may be able to disable location services on certain Bipper Services. Bipper may log and store certain information about your use of Bipper’s Service, including but not limited to time stamps for a positioning request (search, receipt notification) and activation of the Safety Alarm (search, call, receipt notification) etc. Such information shall be logged and stored for billing and customer support purposes only, and will be retained by Bipper when you close your account in question solely for billing purposes and financial record keeping.
- Payment Information. If you choose to use a paid Bipper account or service, our payment processing vendor collects your credit card information and billing address.
- Submissions and Customer Service. From time to time we may request personal or demographic information and customer feedback.
- Outside Services and Applications. Through Bipper Services, parents or legal guardians on behalf of their children may choose to access outside services and applications, such as Facebook and other social networks. When you do, you may be able to import information from those other services and applications and share content from the Bipper Services with those outside services and applications. Some of those third party services may also provide us with information from your accounts which may enable us to enhance and personalize your use of Bipper Services. If parents or legal guardians on behalf of their children choose to use these outside services or applications on Bipper Services, the information you share with those outside services and applications will be covered by their privacy policies. Parents or legal guardians on behalf of their children may opt in or out of accessing outside services and applications at any time.
- Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with Bipper Services and communications. For example, it is standard for your Web browser to automatically send information to every Web site you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you.
Use of Personal Information
In general, we use your personal information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of and our administration and operation of Bipper Services, and to otherwise provide Bipper Services and serve you and our users. For example, we may use your personal information:
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve our publications, products and Bipper Services;
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, offers from Bipper or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of Bipper Services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from Bipper that better meet your needs; and
- for other purposes about which we notify you.
Sharing of Personal Information
Inviting family, friends and guardians to join: When you ask us to invite a friend, family member, or other guardian to join the Bipper Services, we may send such person a message on your behalf using your name and contact details. The invitation may also contain information about other users such person might know. We may also send reminders to them in your name. Only invite people you know with their permission to do so.
Every once in a while, we may start a business relationship with other businesses who we think are trustworthy and who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may hire Service Providers to provide services like hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information they need to perform these services for us. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the type of information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information except as we tell them.
Network and Information Security
Bipper takes reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems or the systems of third party storage providers through Bipper Services are maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
Your account information and access to our service is accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Bipper may send you communications or data regarding Bipper Services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of Bipper Services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our products and services. You may optout of receiving promotional emails from Bipper by following the optout instructions provided in those emails. You may also optout of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing email@example.com with your specific request. Optout requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and services. Parents or legal guardians on behalf of their children may also select or disable certain features of Bipper Services, such as Facebook login or location services, by accessing your account and changing your preferences.